Wind: 6 mph
To The Editor:
On Monday, November 6, 2006, we were struck by a devastating fire that destroyed most of the interior of our home on Route 100 in Stowe as well as most of our possessions. Stowe, Morristown, and Waterbury/Waterbury Center Fire Departments responded to the scene and were able to contain the fire to the inside of the house. We are so fortunate to have these community members who not only tried to save our house but also the Stowe Rescue Squad members who made certain that family members were not overcome by the smoke and heat.